Insurethecourier.co.uk are happy to announce that we have partnered with the road safety charity, Brake. Brake work with communities and organisations across the UK in order to raise awareness about road safety and to help the victims of road traffic accidents as well as their families.
Facts about vision
- 1 /4 of drivers have not had an eye test in two years.
- Estimated annual cost of poor driver vision: 2,900 casualties, £33 million.
Making sure your vision is good enough to drive
- If you find that you’re unable to read number plates clearly of find that your vision is poor at long distances then you should get your eyes tested immediately
- Glasses can be a distraction when you’re driving so you might consider switching to contact instead
- You should always get your eyes tested by a professional and make sure you get glasses/contacts that are comfortable for you.
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here