A Guide to Courier Insurance
What you Need to Know
When you transport goods for a living it’s essential to get a highly tailored insurance policy that will cover you for all risks. A regular car insurance policy will not suffice for couriers as they do not provide enough protection. Finding courier insurance at an affordable rate is now easier than ever. Before getting your tailored quotes it’s advisable to read through the rest of the information on this page so you’ve got a better idea of what level of cover you want to get.
Things to Consider
There are many things you must consider when getting courier insurance. One of the most important is the level of cover you’re going to get. Below are some of the most common types of cover you’ll find with courier insurance –
- Third Party Only – Third party only policies provide minimal protection but do allow the vehicle to be driven legally. If you’re on a tight budget this type of policy would suit.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – The same as third party only except theft and damage caused by fire are now included.
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will cover for all types of accidents, whether you (or your drivers) are liable or not.
- Goods in Transit – This type of cover is incredibly important when transporting goods for profit. It will cover you for any damage to the goods as well as theft.
- Public Liability – Public liability will protect you in the event of a dispute that leads to a liability claim.
- Breakdown Assistance – Most insurance providers will offer breakdown assistance as part of your policy if you don’t already have it.
Saving money is always important when taking out courier insurance. Below are some excellent ways to do this –
- Park vehicles securely – Whether you’re an owner driver or own a fleet of vehicles, it’s essential to have them parked securely when not in use. This will go a long way to reducing the cost of the policy.
- Consider a fleet policy – When you have multiple vehicles that you need to insure, a fleet policy offers an excellent way to do this. Not only can you ensure multiple types of vehicles on a fleet policy, in most cases it works out much cheaper than insuring the vehicles individually
- Raise voluntary excess – Another way to reduce costs is to increase your voluntary excess.
- Pay upfront – Paying for the policy upfront is an excellent way to reduce the overall cost. Whilst you pay more initially, you will save significantly in the long run.
- Get multiple quotes – Getting multiple quotes is now very quick and easy to do and can save you a great deal of money.
Benefits of Courier Insurance
- Cover for vans and motorcycles
- All types of cover available
- Flexible payment options
- Instant documentation
- UK and European Cover Available
Get Your Quotes Today
Click the red button below and you can have access to highly tailored quotes from a panel of courier insurance specialists within minutes. All you have to do is provide a bit of information about your policy needs and you’ll then have your quotes. It’s that simple!